- New York House Call Physicians: Your Doctor in the Family do not have any hidden fees.
We understand our fees are very expensive. Providing the highest, most timely, professional medical care is difficult and expensive on our end as well. If you cannot afford our fees and/or think our fees are "way too high, outrageous, obscene, dishonorable" please let us know why and what you think a fair fee would be for the medical care you request. We don't bargain, we do listen, are open to advice, and will work with patients to get them the best, most cost effective medical care possible.
We do not participate with Medicare or Medicaid. WE DO PARTICIPATE FOR OFFICE VISITS ONLY WITH SELECT PPO (OUT OF NETWORK) INSURANCE PLANS. This depends on your deductible and all the fine print complex details like copays, coinsurance, deductibles, etc, with your insurance plan which we are happy to help you decipher and understand.
Again, New York House Call Physicians participate with some health insurance plans as "out of network" providers for office visits only. If you have health insurance but are not sure what you benefits are, just call us, we'll help you obtain this information.
For your convenience, our billing department will file all paperwork for you to get the best reimbursement your health insurance plan allows.
A CREDIT CARD IS REQUIRED TO RESERVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR AN OFFICE VISIT OR A HOUSE CALL [JUST AS MANY HOTELS ASK FOR A CREDIT CARD TO SECURE YOUR RESERVATION]. CREDIT CARDS WILL BE AUTHORIZED BUT FUNDS WILL NOT BE CAPTURED WHEN YOU SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT. AUTHORIZED FUNDS WILL BE RELEASED IF YOU OPT TO PAY BY CASH, CHECK, A DIFFERENT CREDIT CARD, OR PAYPAL. AUTHORIZED FUNDS WILL BE RELEASED IF YOU CANCEL WITHIN 48 [FORTY EIGHT] HOURS OF YOUR APPOINTMENT. A 100%NON-REFUNDABLE CANCELLATION FEE IS IMPOSED FOR CANCELLATIONS WITH LESS THAN 48 HOURS ADVANCED NOTICE. (We do not like to impose cancellation fees so please be 100% certain you can commit to a scheduled appointment before scheduling).
If paying by check, please make checks payable to: DOCTOR IN THE FAMILY.
We do not accept personal checks from new patients.
If you desire medical testing or a procedure in your home but do not need to see Our Physicians, please provide an official prescription from your doctor with specific orders [including a procedural (CPT) code and a diagnostic (ICD) code].
- OUR FEES
Concierge Physician "Meet and Greet" Visit (House Call or Office Visit) [NYC area]: Please call to confirm availability
Cancellation Fee: 100% of the consultation cost [A "cancellation fee" will be applied to all appointments cancelled within 24 hours of the appointment request]
No Show Fee: 100% of the cost of your visit [A "no show fee" is when you have a doctor visit scheduled--home or office--and you are not there when the doctor is in the office for your scheduled visit; or is en route to your scheduled house call; or is at your house call location and, for whatever reason, the house call does not occur]"
- Doctor Hospital Visit (in NYC area except Staten Island): $2,000 per hospital day
- Doctor House Call (NYC except Staten Island): $2,500
- Doctor House Call "URGENT": [disrupting our current schedule with physician arrival requested by patient within 60 to 90 minutes of patient call]: $2500 to $5000 (subject to availability)
- Doctor House Call by Specialist Physician: $3,000-$4,000 + cost of procedure [approximately $1000 to $5,000 per procedure, please contact us for details]
- Doctor House Call (Staten Island and Outside NYC): $2,500 plus $250 per hour transit time (in each direction)
- Doctor House Call by Specialist Doctor (Staten Island and Outside NYC): $$3000-$4,000 plus $250 per hour transit time (in each direction)
- Doctor General Office Visit: $750
- Doctor Specialist Office Visit: $750
- Doctor Telephone or Electronic Mail or Telemedicine or Text Message Consultation (professional hourly rates apply): $750
- Feeding Gastrostomy Tube (G-tube or PEG tube) Reinsertion or Replacement with follow-up Abdominal X-Ray with and without contrast agent to confirm Correct Tube Placement - REQUIRED PER PROTOCOL (NYC): $5,000.
- Holter Monitoring: $1,000
- Hospital at Home: $5,000 per day / 24 hours (includes 24 hr home bed side nursing and unlimited physician access, NOT INCLUSIVE OF ANY SPECIALIST PROCEDURE OR CONSULT SPECIFIED IN THIS FEE SCHEDULE -- 48 HOURS CANCELLATION FEE REQUIRED OR 100% CANCELLATION FEE WILL BE INCURRED)
- Immunotherapy Office: $350
- Intravenous Therapy Office Visit: $300 [additional fees may apply depending on constituents of IV bag]
- Intravenous Therapy House Call (NYC except Staten Island): $750 [additional fees may apply depending on constituents of IV bag]
- Intravenous Therapy House Call (Staten Island and Outside NYC): Please call to confirm fees
- Lab Testing in Office or House Call Routine: Urine (IE Urine Analysis, Urine Drug Screen): $200 each
- Lab Testing in Office or House Call Routine: Blood (IE Cholesterol Testing, Comprehensive Metabolic Panel): $200 each
- Lab Testing in Office or House Call (Specialty Tests like Antibody Levels or Rapid Antigen Tests): $200 each
- Lab Testing in Office run STAT because results are needed urgently (IE Cardiac Blood Tests like Troponin-I to Rule Out Heart Attack): $500
- Medic or Nurse House Call [medical triage and/or lab collection supervised by physician] (NYC): $650
- Medic or Nurse House Call [medical triage and/or lab collection supervised by physician] (Staten Island and Outside NYC): Please call to confirm fees
- Medic or Nurse On Call Services per 12 hour shift: $1,200 [+ additional fees for special procedures such as IV antibiotics, IV fluids, and phlebotomy as needed]
- Nutritionist House Call (Manhattan): $500
- Nutritionist House Call (Outside Manhattan): Please call to confirm fee
- Pharmacy Delivery Services 24/7 with deliveries within 2-4 hours (established patients only): Please call to confirm fees
- Physical Therapy House Call (Manhattan): $500
- Physical Therapy (Outside Manhattan): Please call to confirm fee
- PICC IV Line or Midline IV Insertion or Replacement with Ultrasound guidance (NYC): $4000
- PICC IV Line or Midline IV Insertion or Replacement with Ultrasound Guidance (outside NYC): Please call to confirm fees
- PICC IV Line or Midline IV Maintenance [IE troubleshooting, sterile dressing change, unclogging, Cathflo administration] requiring PICC nurse or doctor visit] (NYC): $2000
- PICC IV Line or Midline IV Maintenance (outside NYC): Please call to confirm fees
- Prolonged Service Fee: 50 to 100% of the consultation cost [A "Prolonged Service Fee" is when the patient is late for their appointment, requiring New York House Call Physicians to wait greater than 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment time or if a consultation is protracted]
- Psychotherapy by Clinical Social Worker Office: $300
- Psychotherapy by Clinical Social House Call (Manhattan): $600
- Ultrasound (Manhattan or Our Office): $600 per body area Ultrasound (Staten Island and outside NYC): $1,000 to $1,500 per body area, depending on distance from NYC
- Travel vaccine: $100 to $400 per vaccine
- X-Ray Office: $600 per body area
- X-Ray Home (NYC except Staten Island): $600 per body area
- X-Ray Home (Staten Island and outside NYC): Please call to confirm fee of communication.